[Getdp] Current Flow Problem with getDP

Bruce McGee brucemcgee at mac.com
Sun Oct 11 02:30:19 CEST 2009

Dear Sir's

I have been attempting to use your software getDP to solve a current
flow problem and was hoping that you could steer me in the right
direction.  The problem is to determine the current flow (low
frequency) from an electrode(s) buried in the earth and the resulting
temperature rise.  Presently I use a FDTD program to determine the
results, however, I have been intrigued with the possibilities that an
FEM approach may yield.

Where I get stuck is in the formulation of the problem for getDP.  I
see how you set it up for electrostatics, and it should be a simple
transition to solving the current flow problem (quasi-harmonic
solution of Maxwell's equations), but I seem to be missing something.
Would you have any data sets or examples where you solve the electro-
thermal problem.

My geo file is attached and it loads nicely into gmsh.

Regards

Bruce