[Gmsh] adding points or lines to surface on boundary

Rasmus "Termo" Lundsgaard termopeten at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 18:38:28 CEST 2014

Hi all

I use gmsh to generate a mesh of a composite membrane with different ratio
for the two materials (surfaces). On the boundaries of the membrane I would
like to help the meshing by defining where on the line the mesh points
should be. As far as I understand there are two ways to do so.

Either adding points or lines to the surface with "Line{} In Surface{};",
but then the 2D meshing fails with a "unable to recover an edge..." which
is not at the boundary where the lines are?!?. if the lines are within the
surface (and not on the surface line) it works fine...

The other way is by splitting the line of the boundary into smaller lines
that are put together. This line loop will however not build ("The 1D mesh
seems not to be forming a closed loop").

in line 137 of my geo file the two scenarios can be switched.

Regards
Termo