[Gmsh] Questions

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sun Mar 20 20:52:37 CET 2005

cacchione at stru.polimi.it wrote:
> Hi, I've downloaded gmsh from few days and now I'm reading the
> documentation. I'm performing dynamic analysis of a 2D
> poly-crystalline structure, using 6 node triangles in my
> computations. I'd like to know:
>
> if it is possible, in the post-processing phase, to draw the
> colormaps of displacement of stresses togheter with grain boundaries,
>  i.e. the lines that divides the area in grains. (Here attached there
>  is a file jpg with an example).

Sure: just create a post-processing view containing scalar or vector
lines representing the edges in the grain boundaries. It might be a bit
of an overkill (since you might have no use for the data associated
with the lines) but it's fairly general, as you can then use all
the usual transformation tools on these lines (i.e., to apply offsets,
deformations, etc.).

Note that Gmsh currently does not support 6-node triangles in the
post-processing views. You will have to subdivide your triangles before
writing the post-processing files.

Christophe

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech