[Gmsh] Problems of compilation with fltk

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Feb 11 03:32:39 CET 2005

Durufle marc wrote:
> I downloaded gmsh-1.59, the last version and
> fltk-1.1.6, the last version too. I compiled fltk, i
> did not meet any problem. I tried to compile gmsh-1.59
> and i found the following error :
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfltk_gl
>
> It happens when gcc make links to produce the
> executable gmsh. So, i said my-self that the library
> should be in fltk directory, so i look at : the lib
> directory created by fltk, i found the following files
> :
>
> Readme.lib
> libfltk_forms.a
> libfltk_jpeg.a
> libfltk_z.a
> libfltk.a
> libfltk_images.a
> libfltk_png.a
>
> In truth, there is no libfltk_gl.a !! When i look at
> makefile of fltk, i didn't find mention of this file.
>
> So, how can i generate this file or find it ?

Marc - You need to configure FLTK with OpenGL support (./configure
--enable-gl). Chances are, though, that if FLTK's configure script did
not enable OpenGL automatically, you are missing some OpenGL includes
and/or libraries on your system.

Christophe

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech