[Gmsh] parsed post-processing file: interpolation between points

Fabian Dortu Fabian.Dortu at imec.be
Thu Feb 3 14:49:14 CET 2005

> You have to generate a file that contains 2D (surface) elements (i.e.,
> triangles or quadrangles).

Does it mean I have to use "scalar triangle" (ST) and write an entry for
each triangle? Is the order of the 3 points defining the triangle
important?

> If you don't have the topological information to create triangles or
> quadrangles, and if all your points belong to a surface that can be
> projected 1-to-1 into a plane, you can use the "Triangulate" plugin to
> tessellate your data set.

I also have the topologicial information in a mesh file. Could the
information from the mesh and from the data be combined? (I think this
has already be discussed by Thomas Gazzola in a mail yesterday).

Thanks,
Fabian