[gl2ps] Possible bug? (or lack of feature)

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 12:28:33 CEST 2006

Sergi Diaz wrote:
> Hi everybody.
>
> In my application, I've doing some use of glColorMask call. I use it to put
> some things on the depth buffer without drawing them in the color buffer (a
> "glColorMask(GL_FALSE, GL_FALSE, GL_FALSE, GL_FALSE)" call). But it seems
> that gl2ps doesn't detect this, it draws those triangles. I suppose a call
> similar to gl2psEnable should be needed.
> I use it to show/hide hidden lines. So, a workaround would work for me. Of
> course, adding this feature to the library would be sweet.
> Errr... what should I do? Any ideas?

I see two possibilities:

1) get the current rendering mode with glGetIntergerv(GL_RENDER_MODE,
&mode) and don't draw the triangles if mode==GL_FEEDBACK

2) or, as you suggested, add a gl2psEnable/Disable (or a gl2psColorMask)
function, that will pass the color mask info to the feedback buffer.
When the buffer is parsed, you can then get the mask for each primitive
and treat it in any way you want inside gl2ps.

Hope this helps,

Christophe