[gl2ps] gl2ps with java.

Cosmin Truta cosmin at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Jun 30 03:36:51 CEST 2006

Jean-Baptiste Silvy wrote:

> I tried to use gl2ps directly inside C code and it worked perfectly.
> However, I then tried to use it inside some jogl code (a java binding
> for OpenGL) using JNIs and I did not manage to have any file output.
> This is strange because jogl should call OpenGL routines.

We did the same: we used GL2PS in Java with JOGL via the JNI, and we
didn't have any problem.

> Did someone already call gl2ps from java or know someone who tried ?
> I am interested to know if it is possible.

Yes, it's possible. Moreover, we did not encounter any problem when
we implemented it. If you had trouble with it, I suspect that there's
some problem in your JNI interfacing, rather than in the GL2PS code.

If there is further interest in Java/JNI binding, we can submit our
implementation for incorporation into the next GL2PS public release.

Best regards,
Cosmin