[gl2ps] gl2ps - textures.

Christophe Geuzaine cag32 at case.edu
Wed Mar 8 03:59:25 CET 2006

Olivier Couet wrote:
>  Hi Christophe,
>
>  We are producing 3D lego plots with GL using 1 dimensional textures. We
> tried to produce a gl2ps (GL2PS 1.2.6) output of it. All what we get is a
> gray image. Is gl2ps able to about textures ? if yes how ?

Hello Oliver,

Currently gl2ps does not support textures. I would be quite interested
in adding textures support, but I don't know how to do it (yet?). If I
remember correctly, texture information is not stored in the feedback
buffer, so we would probably have to duplicate a whole lot of stuff in
gl2ps even to get the most basic kind of support. I don't even know if
there is any way to get e.g. lighting info for textures...

(I'm CC:ing the list on my reply: maybe somebody else has a
better/clearer idea about how to do this.)

Take care,

Christophe

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Assistant Professor, Case Western Reserve University, Mathematics