[gl2ps] tight EPS bounding box

Stephane Popinet s.popinet at niwa.co.nz
Fri Jun 17 08:18:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this very nice library.

I was wondering if I was the only one interested in having the
possibility of generating EPS files with a tight bounding box i.e. a
bounding box enclosing as tightly as possible all the OpenGL entities
rather than the default of using the viewport as the bounding box.

I know it's simple enough to recompute a tight bounding box for the EPS
file afterward, but it would be nice if this was at least an option in
gl2ps (I actually believe it should be the default for EPS files; this
is, after all, the only difference between EPS and PS).

If people are interested I would be ready to try and code that up. The
only difficulty I see is that the bounding box must be calculated before
the postscript file is generated (because the %BoundingBox: comment
should appear in the preamble... is this correct?) which would imply
some form of intermediate buffering of the postscript commands etc...

cheers

Stephane