[gl2ps] Re: Wierd problem with gl2ps under Mac OS X

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Mon Feb 23 21:23:35 CET 2004

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>     KH> On Sunday 22 February 2004 08:30, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
>     >> How does one submit this bug report to Apple?  Do you have
>     >> specific
>
>     KH> They have a bug management system at
>
>     KH>   http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/
>
>     KH> I can file a report there (I am already a member of the "Apple
>     KH> Developer Connection"), but I am rather ignorant about the
>     KH> nature of the bug. I can't offer any simple demonstration
>     KH> either. If I were Apple, I wouldn't be delighted in having
>     KH> install VTK in order to verify the problem.
>
>     KH> Is it possible to demonstrate the bug with a plain C program?
>
> Yes, I think it should be.  Just download this:
>
>   http://www.geuz.org/gl2ps/src/gl2ps-1.1.2.tar.gz
>
> untar it,
>
>  $ cd gl2ps-1.1.2
>
>  $ gcc -O3 gl2psTest.c gl2ps.c -framework OpenGL -framework GLUT \
>  -framework Cocoa
>
> Now, run ./a.out and press 's' to save a bunch of eps files.  I think
> you'll see no shading for the torus (or teapot).  If that is the case,
> I think you can tell the developers this and tell them that their
> OpenGL implementations is broken.  Specifically its broken when
> glRenderMode is set to GL_FEEDBACK and no shading information appears
> to make it into the feedback buffer.  Christophe, please correct me if
> I'm wrong.

Guys - I spent 5 minutes re-testing on my Mac with a very simple example
(see attached file), and the bug seems to be a little more subtle :

- when I draw the torus, it doesn't work.

- but when I draw the teapot, it seems to work just fine !?!?

Can you reproduce this?

Christophe

--
Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech