[Getdp] freezing permeability in non linear magnetostaticsimulations

Lars Rindorf Lars.Rindorf at teknologisk.dk
Tue Oct 13 09:23:17 CEST 2009

Hi Luigi

You should check out the way that getdp does coupled problems, e.g. http://www.geuz.org/getdp/wiki/ChainedResolutions.

It is quite easy do to.

KR, Lars

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: getdp-bounces at ace20.montefiore.ulg.ac.be [mailto:getdp-bounces at ace20.montefiore.ulg.ac.be] På vegne af Luigi Alberti
Sendt: 12. oktober 2009 12:38
Til: getdp at geuz.org
Emne: [Getdp] freezing permeability in non linear magnetostaticsimulations

Dear list and users,
I'm trying to use GetDP to solve a magnetostatic non linear problem.
Starting from the wiki example ,my experiment run good.

Now I want to do a further steps in the simulation.
I want to freeze the permeability of main system to that achieved by the
non linear solution
and to run another simulation with eddy current (magnetodynamic).

What I want to do is a sort of "polarization" of the system in a certain
working point (using the non linear magnetostatic simulation), and then
using the obtained solution (and permeability) to do a "small signal"
analysis around the polarized point (with, for example, a magnetodynamic
simulation).

Any idea if this approach is possible with GetDP? Any hint/suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any reply

Luigi