[Getdp] Surface charge/ normal electric field strength

Tammo Heeren Tammo.Heeren at ieee.org
Thu Oct 26 17:08:10 CEST 2006

I have been trying to recreate the given problem and I found a somewhat
strange behavior.
As the postprocessing and postoperation I have:

PostProcessing {
{ Name all; NameOfFormulation for_v;
 Quantity {
{ Name v ;
 Value {
 Local { [ {v} ] ; In Vol ; Jacobian Vol; }
 }
}
{ Name e ;
 Value {
Local { [ {d v} ] ; In Vol ; Jacobian Vol; }
 }
}
{ Name ne ;
 Value {
Local { [ Norm[{d v}] ] ; In Vol; Jacobian Vol; }
 }
}
{ Name Q ; Value { Term { [ {Q} ] ; In Grouped ; } } }
{ Name V ; Value { Term { [ {V} ] ; In Grouped ; } } }
{ Name C ; Value { Term { [ {Q}/{V} ] ; In Grouped ; } } }
 }
}
}

PostOperation {
{ Name all ; NameOfPostProcessing all;
 Operation {
Print[ v, OnElementsOf Vol, File "v.pos" ] ;
Print[ e, OnElementsOf Vol, File "e.pos" ] ;
Print[ne, OnElementsOf Vol, File "ne.pos" ] ;
Print[ Q, OnRegion Grouped, Format Table] ;
Print[ V, OnRegion Grouped, Format Table] ;
Print[ C, OnRegion Grouped, Format Table] ;
 }
}
}

Which is essentially what is given in the wiki. However, my getdp output is:

GetDP : Loading : Processing data 'Y:\captest1.res'
GetDP : Info : Selected PostProcessing 'all'
GetDP : Info : Selected Mesh 'Y:\captest1.msh'
GetDP : Operation : PostOperation 1/6
GetDP : > 'Y:\v.pos'
GetDP : Info : Generate ExtendedGroup '_BF_Entity_9'
(GroupsOfNodesOf)
Info : Parsing file 'Y:\v.pos'
Info : Parsed file 'Y:\v.pos'
GetDP : Operation : PostOperation 2/6
GetDP : > 'Y:\e.pos'
Info : Parsing file 'Y:\e.pos'
Info : Parsed file 'Y:\e.pos'
GetDP : Operation : PostOperation 3/6
GetDP : > 'Y:\ne.pos'
Info : Parsing file 'Y:\ne.pos'
Info : Parsed file 'Y:\ne.pos'
GetDP : Operation : PostOperation 4/6
GetDP : Operation : PostOperation 5/6
GetDP : Operation : PostOperation 6/6
GetDP : Resources : cpu 0.296875 s
GetDP : E n d P o s t - P r o c e s s i n g
GetDP : E n d

No results are shown for PostOperation 4-6, and also no error message.
Everything else seems to work just fine. Anybody have any idea?

Tammo