[Gmsh] Reference Image

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Oct 6 09:30:42 CEST 2014

On 03 Oct 2014, at 15:39, François Nader <nader.c.francois at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
> I am new to gmsh and I would like to know if it's possible to set a background image and use it to create a mesh (manually draw the objects in 2D)  and

Yes:

General.BackgroundImageFileName = "myimage.png";
General.BackgroundImage3D = 0; // 2D bg image (if set to 1, will draw in 3D model coordinates)
General.BackgroundImagePositionX = 10; // in pixels (or in model units in 3D case)
General.BackgroundImagePositionY = 10;
General.BackgroundImageWidth = -1; // actual size
General.BackgroundImageHeight = -1; // actual size