[Gmsh] Cylinder with Prismatic Grids

arijit hazra ahazra at gwdg.de
Wed Aug 20 13:36:01 CEST 2014

Hello All,

I am trying to use GMSH to create a .msh file with prismatic 3-D
elements in a cylinder.

I took the following steps:

1) I created 4 circular line segments.
2) Created a line loop with those circular arc segments and extrude that
surface to form a cylinder.

Now I want to extrude the traingular elements along the extrusion axis
and divide the height of the cylinder into equal numbers so that I can
create a prismatic Mesh in the cylinder. So unstructured in
the circular face and structured in the extrusion direction.

I shall be highly obliged if you inform me how I can do that and also
how a general idea about I can create a structured mesh using Gmsh if I
wish.

With Best Regards,
Arijit Hazra