[Gmsh] Gmsh meshing inquiry

Oliver Willekens oliver.willekens at elis.ugent.be
Tue Jul 8 10:29:50 CEST 2014

It sounds to me like you're merely performing a 2D mesh. Both in the GUI
and on the command line, you can select the option to mesh a 3D volume.
Have a look at the screencast http://geuz.org/gmsh/screencasts/ to see how
a volume is meshed in 3D.

It is possible too that you simply haven't defined any volumes (even though
to the user it might seem that you have a volume). Make sure to define at
least one "Volume" in the geometry, as described in the tutorial.