[Gmsh] Saving PNG

Alexis PACHOLIK alexis.pacholik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:23:12 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I have an annoying problem when i try to save png from gmsh, using a script.
Here's my routine :
First, I create pos files using the command 'gmsh file1.msh savepos.sh -0'.
savepos.sh is a GMSH script allowing me to save all views of the msh file
in .pos, with the command : save view[i] sprintf("image%g.pos",i).
Then, for all the .pos files, I do 'gmsh image.pos postopng.sh', where
postopng.sh is a GMSH script containing only two lines : Print "File.png";
Exit;
And to end, with a shell script, i rename the File.png in imagei.png, where
i is a number.

When i do this, GMSH opens and quits (as asked by the option -0). But even
without the option, it opens. And I'd like GMSH not to open! I tried many
command line options but it doesn't work in any way.

Is somebody aware of a way of doing my routine without GMSH popping on my
screen? It would help me a lot.

Thanks in advance,

Alexis PACHOLIK

+33(0) 605 001 471

2ème Année Cycle Ingénieur
Option Calcul et Modélisation Scientifiques
*I**nstitut Supérieur d'Informatique, de Modélisation *

*et de leurs Applications*University Blaise Pascal, Aubière, France