[Gmsh] Question about deformation in Postprocessing

Jan Wilde Jan.Wilde at gmx.de
Mon Jun 23 11:57:19 CEST 2014

Dear Mr. Geuzaine,

I am using GMSH for postprocessing after a FEM calculation with Matlab to
visualize my results.

I followed the tasks in the reference to write an input file in the ASCII
format and the results in GMSH are okay so far.

The main problem is that I want to see the deformations in the animation of
GMSH. So I repeated the section $Nodes to update the nodal values after each
load step.

But this section doesn’t work. The mesh doesnt change.

Do you see any possibility to help me with that problem or is there a
special way i have to use to get the deformed mesh in the animation?

Best Regards

Jan Wilde

Jan Wilde

Leibniz Universität Hannover | BSc 2013

Hamburger Allee 29 | 30161 Hannover | Germany

Mobile +49 151 40 10 5629

 <mailto:Jan.wilde at gmx.de> Jan.wilde at gmx.de