[Gmsh] Question about higher order elements

nick.g.chisholm at gmail.com nick.g.chisholm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 06:08:00 CEST 2014

I'm thinking about using Gmsh for a research project which involves
computing fluid flow fields via a spectral/hp-element method (p>5). I was
reading through the documentation, and it seems to indicate that higher
order nodes are assumed to be equispaced. However, if I am not mistaken,
hp-element codes normally place the high-order nodes at the
Gauss-Legendre(-Lobatto) points within, for example, a quadrilateral
"master" element. This is especially nice if your solver uses a nodal basis
for its shape functions. Is there any way to have Gmsh use a Gauss-Lobatto
distribution of nodes within a high order element?

Thanks!
Nick