[Gmsh] level the elements

Mauricio Vinassa mvinassa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 19:54:50 CET 2014

Dear community,
I must say that about 2 months ago I was completely and absolutely ignorant
on this modeling art, but after this time I can ensure you I am not only
still ignorant yet also passionate by it. I've learn a lot through this
community and the infinite ocean of information available on the web,
however I also got lost at some point.

As I told you, I am new in the modelling art, and I have some basic doubts
about how to link my mesh with my numerical scheme.

I built my unstructured mesh with gmsh (more than 1 MM elements) and now,
in order to solve my eq system with finite volume, I need to level them and
develop my connection list.

I found some old discussion about something similar (
http://geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2011/006866.html) but honestly I don't know
how to proceed.

should I work with some other soft in order to know the location of my
nodes, or gmsh could do that for me? what other soft could do that? Is that
OpenFoam for? (http://www.openfoam.com/)

If you have a few minutes to explain me how to continue I would be very
grateful. Also, any further information you can give me about how to use a
mesh with finite volume would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance
Mauricio