[Gmsh] Outer edge / face boundary layer nodes on extrusions

Mark Starnes mark.starnes at fttech.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 10:25:48 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm using gmsh to create a mesh for flow analysis
and realised that the extrude command can extrude
curved surfaces in the direction normal to the
plane, scaling the outer face of the extrusion
accordingly.  This is exactly what I was looking
for a few months ago when I posted, asking how to
extrude with scaling.

However, now I'd like to attach more mesh to the
outside of this boundary layer.  However, in my
versions of gmsh (2.4.2 and 2.5.1-svn, 20110525)
the nodes defining the new, extruded face are not
created in the geometry so I cannot use them in
later definitions.

Is there a switch I can use to create the nodes
defining the outer face during the geometry phase?

Best regards,

Mark.

--
Dr. Mark Starnes