[Gmsh] Fwd: It is possible to refine mesh in point using gmsh?

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Thu Mar 22 23:40:35 CET 2012

2012/3/22 abdelaziz khomsi <khomsi_abdelaziz at hotmail.com>:
> Hello,
> Please see attached files.

Please reply to the list.

> There is a large difference between the two meshs.
>
> The mesh that generated with the old version is significant, especially
> angles, they are homogeneous.
>
> Now the question arises: Can we have the mesh generated with the old version
> using the new version of MSGH ?
>
> (I do not know if this type of mesh is still possible in the new version of
> GMSH)

The technique I described using Field, Attractor, NodesList,
Background Field is just a start.  It did have correct syntax, and did
run, but was not really a complete solution, in that the resulting
mesh isn't very nice, but I had hoped that it would be enough to get
you going.  The way to design a nonuniform mesh is to manipulate and
combine various Fields into a Background Field.  The Threshold, Max,
and Min Fields are especially useful.  Please read the manual.

http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Specifying-mesh-element-sizes