[Gmsh] Problem making a bulged cylinder using Gmsh

rahulsn at iitk.ac.in rahulsn at iitk.ac.in
Mon Jan 16 12:36:01 CET 2012

Hello friends,

I am having problem making a simple geometry in Gmsh. I am trying to
make a cylinder with a bulge. The bulged part of the cylinder is based
on a 2D equation. The cylinder part is Ok but i am not able to draw the
bulged part of the cylinder in Gmsh. I tried to import the Iges file
from solidworks and save it as .geo file but the saved .geo has a lot of
splines in it. I was thinking is there a simpler way to draw this
geometry directly into Gmsh. I have attached IGS file for the same geometry.

Thanks a lot for any help!
Rahul