[Gmsh] pointsources and Nodes and Elements lists

Bart Vandewoestyne Bart.Vandewoestyne at telenet.be
Thu Oct 14 10:51:59 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 09:28:06AM +0200, Francisco Gilabert Villegas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You can insert points or lines in any surface. Please see the example
> below.
>
> I hope this help you.
>
> Regards,
> Francisco

Hello Francisco,

I assume your answer is more of an answer to jordi's problem than
it is to mine, right?  I have checked your example and for as far
as I can see, the point at (0.34, 0.45) is still a node in the
resulting mesh, so it still appears in the $Nodes section.

What I need is to be able to specify a point (the location of my
pointsource) but this point should *not* appear in the $Nodes
section.  Somehow, i would like to read the coordinates of my
pointsource from the .msh file, without having to remove it from
the $Nodes section and without having to fix all the indices in
the $Elements section.

But for as far as I can see now, there is no real solution from
within gmsh, and for now I will have to remove the node and fix
the indices in my Matlab code that reads the .msh file and sets
up the data structures for my solver.

Kind regards,
Bart

--
	"Share what you know.  Learn what you don't."