[Gmsh] Gmsh doesn't run

Martin Vymazal martin.vymazal at vki.ac.be
Thu Dec 17 12:09:59 CET 2009

Dear gmsh users and developers,

  I've I ran into some problems with recent versions of gmsh which I'm
unable to solve myself, and therefore I'd like to ask for help.
  I have a laptop and a machine at work which both run linux. They
have the same versions of all important libraries and kernel 2.6.31.
The last stable version of gmsh runs fine at work (where I have intel
graphics card). However, in my laptop (nvidia gpu) I see no mesh, i.e.
I load my geo file, I mesh (2d, 3d ...), but I see no grid lines. When
I click on 2D (or 3D), I see this error message in my terminal from
which I'm running gmsh:

XRequest.135: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib
length error) 0x360000c
XRequest.135: GLXBadLargeRequest 0x2
XRequest.135: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib
length error) 0x2
XRequest.135: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib
length error) 0x2
XRequest.135: GLXBadLargeRequest 0x2

So I gave a try to the nightly build of gmsh.
This is what happens in both my laptop and work machine (which are
both 64 bit):

./gmsh: error while loading shared libraries: libgmp.so.3: wrong ELF
class: ELFCLASS64

I'd appreciate any advice to make gmsh work again.

Thank you,

       Martin Vymazal