[Gmsh] mesh from node cloud

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Oct 24 19:30:17 CEST 2008

Pierre JUILLARD wrote:
> Hello GMSH users,
>
> Could you please indicate me if it is possible to generate a triangle
> mesh from existing nodes, maybe using a delaunay triangulation
> algorithm, with GMSH?

Yes, although the procedure is a bit "clumsly": you need to create a
post-processing view in the old post-pro format (cf. attached file),
then use the "Triangulate" plugin. You can then export the file with the
View->Save as menu.

PS : you can automate the whole process using e.g.

Merge "triangulate.pos";
Plugin(Triangulate).Run;
// use .msh output format--this option will change in
// a future release
PostProcessing.Format = 5;
Save View[1] "mymesh.msh";