[Gmsh] keeping the view parameters fixed on loading VIEWS

Christophe Geuzaine cag32 at case.edu
Sat Nov 19 17:46:37 CET 2005

Jose M. Sancho wrote:
> Hello dear Gmsh team:
>
> I am trying to view the results of a solver program dynamically by using
> the clever TCP/Socket client.
> Everything goes well but the only problem I have is the Gmsh change the
> scale to automatically fit the model in the screen.
> The other parameters, viewpoint etc. do not change as new views are loaded.

That's right: every time you merge a view, gmsh recomputes the bounding
box of the scene.

To override this bounding box, you can use the following command in
one of your files

BoundingBox{xmin,xmax,ymin,ymax,zmin,zmax};

 From then on gmsh will use this bounding box, until it sees the same
command without arguments (which will force the recomputation of the
bounding box based on whatever models/meshes/views are loaded):

BoundingBox;

Warning: these commands are actually broken in gmsh 1.60... You will
need to download and compile the latest nightly cvs source snapshot
(http://geuz.org/gmsh/src/gmsh-nightly-source.tgz) to get it to work as
described above.

Christophe