[Gmsh] bug report

luc bordier luc.bordier at club-internet.fr
Tue Oct 25 19:43:10 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm using gmsh with code_aster for my work which for the moment is
concerning fluid structure coupling in cylinder shapes.

For one model , gmsh reports me a  bug.

All the files are in attchament :
gmsh.log is the log file for the error which causes gmsh to exit sudenly
with reporting a bug

modele_fail.geo is the error model . It represents a big cylinder and
another little cylinder in the big one. I'm trying to mesh the volume
wich is between the two cylinder. (meshing of the big cylinder inner
volume but without the little inner cylinder volume). I didn't succeed
even with extruded cylinder or by making physical entities or whatever...

modele_ok.geo is the same kind of model but the inner cylinder is
centered in the outter one and its lower and upper faces are on the same
plane than the outter ones. This model is ok for meshing without any
problem.

Can you help trying to solve this problem and tell me if it's really a
bug or more certainly some parameters to set or anything...

Thank you so much.