[Gmsh] Zooming via script commands?

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Jun 3 17:12:26 CEST 2005

Vladislav Kotov wrote:
> Thank you very much for the answer on my previous post!
>
> I have two more questions about GMSH operation using script commands
> (but not GUI!). In the manual I cold not find how one can: 1. Remove
> small axis from the screen

General.SmallAxes=0;

> 2. Show on the screen only a part of the full view (to make zoom).

You should combine a scaling and a translation, e.g.:

General.ScaleX = 5;
General.ScaleY = 5;
General.TranslationX = 1;
General.TranslationY = 0;

You can also specify rotations by using General.RotationX,
General.RotationY and General.RotationZ (if General.Trackball==0) or
General.TrackballQuaternion0, General.TrackballQuaternion1, etc. (if
General.Trackball==1).

The easiest is often to fine-tune the viewport in the GUI using the
mouse, and then use "File->Save As->Gmsh options" (or click on the '?'
button in the graphic window) to save all the parameters.

Christophe

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech