[Gmsh] pos scaling

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Mon May 2 17:57:23 CEST 2005

Timmy Schumacher wrote:
> Hello, I have a 1D scalar problem I am trying to use VL's in the pos view to
> display the results using displacement.  The file I have attached has
> elements between 0 and 1, but when I view it, the scale on the x-axis is from
> 0 to 2.  I have tried several things but I don't know what causes this.  Is
> this some kind of scaling factor that I am missing?

Hi Timmy - It's normal, since your vector field has a non-zero
x-component, which leads to a bounding box that expands along the x-axis
in "displacement" mode. (Change the "Displacement factor" to see how the
bounding box behaves when you change the displacement amplification.)

You can force the size of the axes by unselecting "Automatic 3D
positioning" in the "Aspect" option panel.

Take care,

Christophe

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech