[Gmsh] physical data

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Apr 29 22:07:32 CEST 2005

Fabio Sacconi wrote:

> Hi to everybody,
> I'm trying to  use  GMSH  to do  some  finite elements calculations of
> PDEs.
> I'm using a   C++  code which  can  handle   universal   .unv   mesh
> file  format.
> My  question is :  is  it  possible , with  GMSH,  to  associate
> physical data and  properties (such as  material label,  temperature
> values ) to  the nodes of  the  mesh ?
> I know  that  .unv  format  allows  something  similar  (dataset 2414).

Fabio - I never use the unv file format myself, but IIRC Gmsh uses a
group "790" (whatever that means) to save its physical entities. Right
now there is no support for saving anything else than the number of the
entities, though.

Let us know if you generalize the unv export routine (in
Mesh/Print_Mesh.cpp): other people on this list have expressed interest
for similar things in the past.

Take care,

Christophe

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech