[Gmsh] Re: Some quesions

Henry Liu mnotepad at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 18 04:19:31 CET 2005

  Hello, Gmsh teams

I am using Gmsh1.55 version to create volume mesh used
for finite element analysis. I have several questions
regarding its usage.

1. How the 'Merge' option works? What is the detailed
requirement on the file format of two models (supposed
I have surface mesh or volume mesh) especially on
those entiries at the merging interface definition?

2. Can Gmsh output the boundary node coordinates of a
volume mesh in a single file or include this
information in the output .msh file?

3. Flat tetrahedron is generated after optimization
steps (three or more) sometimes, but it did not
happens at the first 3D mesh.

Thank you in advance!

Henry