[gmsh] harmonic to time

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Feb 2 18:23:10 CET 2005

Philippe Lussou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to use the harmonic to time plugin with the default values for
> the parameters, with the joined file, I get this message :
>
> "Error : Wrong real or imaginary part index"
>
> Wath's wrong ?

Your input view needs to have at least 2 time steps, which will be
interpreted by the plugin as the real and imaginary parts of a complex
field.

 From the documentation:

"Plugin(HarmonicToTime) takes the values in the time steps `realPart'
and `imaginaryPart' of the view `iView', and creates a new view
containing (`iView'[`realPart'] * cos(p) - `iView'[`imaginaryPart'] *
sin(p)), with p = 2*Pi*k/`nSteps', k = 0, ..., `nSteps'-1. If `iView' <
0, the plugin is run on the current view."

You can try it out on "tutorial/view1.pos" for example.

Christophe

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech