[Gmsh] Re: A gmsh question

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Nov 5 09:48:25 CET 2001

Andre Haufe wrote:

> Dear Christophe,
>
> I am using gmsh as post-processor on my PC and I am very happy with
> the tool. Now I have to perform bigger calculations on a alpha
> cluster and installed the appropriate version for the alphas. I
> am accessing the cluster via X-Win32 (an X-Terminal), but found
> that I cannot use gmsh because it looks probably for a different
> openGL-lib. The error message is
>
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display "136.159.131.231:0.0".
> Insufficient GL support
>
> Do you know of a simple work-around?

The simplest is to install Mesa <http://www.mesa3d.org> on your alpha
station, and make sure that gmsh loads the Mesa libraries instead of the
real DEC OpenGL libraries. You may do this by appropriately redefining
the loader configuration variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that the path of
the Mesa libs appears before the path of the true OpenGL libs.

Christophe

> Thanks for your help and please do not put too much time in it!
>
> Andre
>
> --
> Dr.-Ing. Andri Haufe
> Post-Doctoral Fellow