[gl2ps] Translate pixels to points

Pantxo Diribarne pantxo.diribarne at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 12:21:05 CEST 2015

Hi,

In Octave we are using the default GL2PS_USE_CURRENT_VIEWPORT argument in
the page initialization. This leads to a mismatch between the original
figure size (for which the viewport is returned in pixels) and the ouput
eps/pdf that has the same size in points. To sum up: a 400x400 *pixels*
opengl window will be printed as a 400x400 *points* eps file.

This would not really matter if we had only vectorial objects in our
figures ... but we have text that are supposed to have a fixed size. For
this we use (intentionally???) a nasty trick which leads to have a font
size on-screen that is lower than it should (a 10 pts font is displayed as
10 pixels one...)

How should we go if we want to draw an eps that has the same *physical*
size has our on-screen figure, e.g. is there a way to specify the screen
resolution so that gl2ps is able to translate pixels to points?

Pantxo