[gl2ps] unmatched parenthesis in text strings

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Jun 11 20:18:06 CEST 2015

> On 11 Jun 2015, at 16:30, Shai Ayal <shaiay at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How about escaping all parenthesis (and while at it, all other ps/pdf "special" characters)? We can than prevent a bobby tables incident.

I think this would indeed be the best approach: escaping all the special characters automatically depending on the format. Not sure how general/complete one can be though, depending on the encoding.

This is clearly a recurring issue, not just in Octave. See e.g. http://geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2015/009838.html

Christophe