[gl2ps] Offscreen-rendering with gl2ps?

garnier garnier at lal.in2p3.fr
Tue Mar 3 12:13:28 CET 2015

In Geant4, we already use offscreen rendering with gl2ps to produce « tests snapshots » and compare them to references files.
For that we use X11 server « xvfb » : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xvfb

In order to use it with your application :

Xvfb :99 -screen 0 1024x768x24 -nolisten tcp 2>&1
export DISPLAY=:99
`run_your_app`
`kill -9 your_Xvfb_process`

That’s it :)