[gl2ps] GL2PS and JOGL

Jean-Baptiste Silvy jean-baptiste.silvy at scilab.org
Thu Nov 13 18:44:51 CET 2008

Hello,

For Scilab 5 we have developed a wrapping of GL2PS in Java which can be
used from JOGL. We're using it with success for the export of our plots.

We're wondering if some GL2PS users might be interested by such a tool.
In this case we could separate our sources from Scilab and make them
more portable.  For now you can find the wrapping inside the Scilab
sources
(http://www.scilab.org/download/index_download.php?page=nightly_builds)
inside the graphic_export module. I can also  send them by e-mail if
you're interested.

Practically, we're using Swig (http://www.swig.org/) for the Java to
GL2PS code interface and Giws (http://www.scilab.org/giws/) to use JOGL
routines inside GL2PS code instead of direct OpenGL calls. This prevent
to add additional dependencies on OpenGL.

We also provide a mechanism which hide the GL2PS needed emulations (such
as gl2psEnable or gl2psPointSize).

Don't hasitate to send me e-mails, if you have questions or remarks,
Jean-Baptiste Silvy