[gl2ps] additional 3D export formats?

Andreas Micheler Andreas.Micheler at Physik.Uni-Augsburg.de
Wed Jul 25 17:29:59 CEST 2007

Hi Christophe,
>> I need the texture coordinates for each triangle vertex,
>> because this seems to be the best method of coloring a model in the .obj
>> format.
>> This seems to be a more or less big problem,
>> since I have to change the gl2ps data structures.
>> I don't know how far I may go in changing the data structures,
>> until it gets improbable for the patch to be accepted.
>> Therefore I ask how I should proceed now.
>>
> Are the texture coordinates passed through the OpenGL feedback buffer?

Yes, I think so, if one passes GL_3D_COLOR_TEXTURE to glFeedbackBuffer.
At least in Microsoft Win32, so it seems:
<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537105.aspx>
> When I looked at this a few years ago I thought they were not... But if
> they are, I would encourage you to change GL2PS to keep track of them:
> it's a much requested feature.

I'll try my best.
> Let us know what you find out...

I'll try to mangle the texture coordinates with GL2PSvertex. ;-)

Cheers,
Andreas