[gl2ps] Does GL2PS write even triangles that are not visible?

Einstein, Daniel R daniel.einstein at pnl.gov
Tue Oct 17 17:24:50 CEST 2006

Hi,

*	Like many, I need to embed quality PS files in my Latex files. I
am a GL2PS newbie. All of the applications that I have tried that output
vector PS write the entire model to PS resulting often in huge
unmanageable files. For example, if I mesh a cylinder and look at it on
end, and Lets say that cylinder is semi-infinite (for argument sake),
the vector PS file will include all of the triangles and edges from here
to Timbuktu. Does GL2PS avoid this problem? Any suggestions for how to
handle this?

Kind Regards,
Dan

Daniel R Einstein, PhD