[gl2ps] Clipping and Background

Joe Miller lpe540 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 18:43:35 CET 2005

Hi,

I had a quick question about clipping and backgrounds
with postscript. I see in the example provided how to
start and end the gl2psViewport so that gl2ps clips at
the boundaries. However, before you issue the clip
command you do a fill which clears the background. I
was wondering if there was a particular reason for
this or if there was another way I could clip in
postscript.

Here's my situation. I setup a viewport in opengl, I
then open up another viewport on top of the original
one. I then add some text to the top viewport and some
of that text falls out of that viewport's range
(though is clipped by the rasterizer). The text that
falls out of range is not being completely clipped in
postscript when I don't set gl2psViewportBegin/End.
When I set gl2psViewport it clips the text correctly,
however, the picture on the bottom viewport is cleared
by the fill.

So I was wondering if you had any suggestions (besides
switching to one viewport) or if it was going to be
problematic for me if I removed the fill line.

Sorry for being so long winded. Thanks for the help.

-joe