[gl2ps] Re: problem with hidden surfaces

Denis Roegel Denis.Roegel at loria.fr
Fri Mar 4 21:36:10 CET 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 11:58:09AM -0800, Christophe Geuzaine wrote:
> Denis Roegel wrote:
> > Concerning my previous problem, a complete example is here:
> >
> >   http://www.loria.fr/~roegel/tmp/problem.c
> >
> > The file is compiled under linux with
> >
> >   gcc -o problem problem.c gl2ps.c -lglut -lGLU -lGL
> >
> > press `s' to save and wait for the print `scene saved in tmp.ps'
> >
> > In certain orientations, the output is incorrect.
> >
> > I have tested with and without the OCCLUSION_CULL flag.
>
> Denis - Thanks for the code. I will look into it.

Actually, in the meantime I have been able to test this code
in another linux environment and I couldn't reproduce
the problem. So, it may have something to do with my C compiler
or maybe with the gs version ?

I have also run into other problems and I will write about
them later. I have both problems of parts sometimes not appearing
(for instance some faces of a standard icosahedron not colored,
when the others are), and problems with text. I haven't been
able to control the position of TeX text, even with the
GL2PS_TEXT options. Do you have a working example?

One small problem with LaTeX output: gl2ps
outputs ``\makebox(0,0)'', but it should output
        ``\makebox(0,0){''

Thanks again for your great package!

Denis