[gl2ps] Missing text on Solaris

Joe Miller lpe540 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 16:44:09 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm having a problem printing text to a postscript
file using gl2ps and I was wondering if anyone had any
suggestions. I'm actually using VTK as my api. I use
vtk to display a text string. I then print it to
postscript. The postscipt file has the text string in
it but its coordinate values are very off. I've looked
into it a little bit and the values I'm seeing in the
postscript are the values that are returned from
glGetFloatv(GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION, pos) call in
the gl2psTextOpt function. I've run this on various
linux boxes and the program works fine. I've also
ssh'ed into a solaris machine from a linux box run the
program remotely and things worked fine (conversly
running remotely from Solaris to Linux produces the
error). So I was wondering if there was something I'm
not setting up right possibly with my x server. I'm
running on Solaris 5.8 and I believe I'm using gl
library version 1.2.

Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated. If you
need any more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance

-joe