[gl2ps] text alignment for ps/pdf

Micha Bieber krischnamurti at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 11 00:35:20 CEST 2004

Saturday, July 10, 2004, 23:35:06, Christophe Geuzaine wrote:

> Actually, as Shai pointed out, gl2psTextOpt() currently only affects the
> alignment for LaTeX output.

Sorry, I was too quick in answering, I had to do a bit socializing
/dancing :-)
Ok.

> in PostScript as well in my development version. Does anyone know how to
> do the same stuff in PDF?

The problem is, you have to utilize the font metric to get the width
information for strings in PDF. So anything besides left-aligned is
non-trivial. But it is hope in the long run. I have to deal at this
moment with fonts in PDF. It might be, that I can reuse some code in the
future in gl2ps.

> PS: Micha - do you use/need the color argument in gl2psTextOpt()?  Why
> not simply set the color the usual way using OpenGL? (If we decide to
> make gl2psTextOpt() public, I would prefer to remove it...)

I don't see any serious problem here. Yes, we could remove it.

Good night from Europe |-)

Micha