[gl2ps] Re: Wierd problem with gl2ps under Mac OS X

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Feb 24 04:58:40 CET 2004

    CG> Guys - I spent 5 minutes re-testing on my Mac with a very
    CG> simple example (see attached file), and the bug seems to be a
    CG> little more subtle :

    CG> - when I draw the torus, it doesn't work.

    CG> - but when I draw the teapot, it seems to work just fine !?!?

    CG> Can you reproduce this?

Hmm, what if you draw both simultaneously? I doubt it would make a
difference.  The glut manuals say this about the teapot:

       glutSolidTeapot and glutWireTeapot render a solid or wire­
       frame  teapot  respectively. Both surface normals and tex­
       ture coordinates for the teapot are generated. The  teapot
       is generated with OpenGL evaluators.

Perhaps the teapot works because of the surface normals or the OpenGL
evaluators?

BTW, Konrad, for your visualization in MayaVi, do you get decent
PDF/EPS output when you turn on PolyDataNormals in the IsoSurface
module?  You might want to check that.

Anyway, Konrad, I think its worth sending them Christophe's test.c as
well.  You will want to mention that all this works fine under Win32
and Linux.

cheers,
prabhu