[gl2ps] Re: Wierd problem with gl2ps under Mac OS X

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sun Feb 22 08:30:50 CET 2004

    CG> Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
    >> I think I have found a bug in gl2ps on Mac OS X.  I have no
    >> idea where it occurs though.  One MayaVi user (Konrad Hinsen)
    >> was generating some figures via VTK->gl2ps and found that the
    >> generated PS/EPS/PDF has *no* shading, all the triangles are
    >> unshaded.
[snip]
    CG> Yes, I have the same problem on my Mac: it must be a bug in
    CG> Apple's OpenGL implementation...

    CG> It might be worth it to send a bug report directly to Apple.

Thanks for the quick reply!  I am CC'ing Konrad on this email.

How does one submit this bug report to Apple?  Do you have specific
details that you would want Konrad to send them?  Do you have plans on
submitting a report and would it help if both you and Konrad did so?

Technically, do you think that their OpenGL implementation does not
work correctly when the render mode is GL_FEEDBACK?  Afterall, the
shading works fine when the render mode is GL_RENDER.

If Konrad would like to submit the bug to Apple, I think your
suggestions on what to say will help.

Thanks again!

cheers,
prabhu