[Getdp] Problem with Mecanical Problem

Bastian Kaiser bastian.kaiser at gmx.net
Sat Oct 17 16:24:22 CEST 2009

Hello List,

i don't really know if this is the right place to ask, but i try so. I'm
using GetDP for my Master-Thesis and i try to solve a 3D-Torsion Problem
with it. Therefor I built a cylindrical model with prism-elements. Then
I took the LinearElasticity3d-example from the wiki and tried to change
it. The plan is, to apply two forces in opposite directions at two
points on the outer radius on top of my cylinder. But i got problems
with applying these forces, in most cases there is only one force
applyed. I don't know how to write a .pro-file that give me my result.
Could anyone help me, please? If there is further Information needed,
please tell me, I can send you.
I know that GetDPwasn't naturally created for linear elasticity, but I
hope that I can make that work.

Thank you!!!

Greetings from Germany,

Bastian