[Getdp] Solver error

Amit.Itagi at seagate.com Amit.Itagi at seagate.com
Sat Dec 2 20:19:13 CET 2006

Hi,

I am trying out a 3D electromagnetic simulation.  For the E field function
space, I choose Form1 and BF_Edge. The solver gives the error "Missing Edge
Entity for element number ...".

In the gmsh generated .msh file, I find that this element is tetrahedral
with three of the four vertices lying on a planar interface between two
different volumes. Also, since the vertices lie on the interface, I was
expecting to find triangular element/ linear elements with these vertices.
But there are none. Is this a cause for concern ?

Also, I tried to dig into the getdp source code to find where the error
statement is printed out. I found it in the "BF_Edge.c" file. But could not
figure out why this error would be displayed.  I could not find any earlier
postings related to this error either. Could someone with experience kindly
tell me the possible cause for this error ?

Thanks

Rgds,
Amit